Table of Contents
What is an Environment Variable?
The concept of environment variables exists in most operating systems, from Linux to OS X to Windows OS.
As per Wikipedia: An environment variable is a dynamic-named value that can affect the way running processes will behave on a computer.
Environment variables are values that impact the processes and behavior of running computer systems and OS environments
How to set environment variables in windows for android development.
1.Right click on My Computer > Properties.
2. Click on Advanced system settings.
3. Select Advanced > Environment variables.
4. Click on New under System variables.
5. Enter variable name as JAVA_HOME & variable value as Path to jdk
e.g: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_144.
6. Now Find Path Select it then click on edit.
7. First type ; ( Semicolon ) separate then paste here Android SDK installation folder platform tools and tools folder path like this.
E:\Software\Android\New SDK manager\platform-tools ; E:\Software\Android \New SDK manager\tools .